Depending on your business, you may have a wide variety of products in varying quantities. To help you manage your products quickly and easily, CloudCart provides you with a Product Statuses section where you can create different product statuses, hide or show a buy button versus the quantity of products.
The default settings of your store already provide you with two available product statuses in this section. Every uploaded product in your store will by default have ‘In stock’ status. This status will be displayed in the detailed page of each product and it will allow a ‘Buy now’ button for each of your products, even if you do not turn on the ‘Quantity tracking’ option and have not specified a specific quantity.
Adding new product status
CloudCart allows you to create statuses by specifying the action of the status, the name of the button that will be visible to the customer, and the condition that this status will be accepted by your products. Go to the Product Statuses section and click Add New Statusbutton.
- Status name – type the name of the status in this field. It will be visualized on the detailed page of the products that own it. If the status of this status is ‘Show as Request’, the name you type here will be the button name that will display the product inquiry form.
- Actions – choose the action that the status you are creating will do
– Show ‘Buy’ button – this action will display a Buy button to the products with this status
– Hide ‘Buy’ button – this action will hide the Buy button and the products that will accept this status will not have the ability to be added to the shopping cart. They could only be viewed with their status page displayed in detail.
– Show as request – this action will add a special request button to the product. The button name will be the same as the name of the status. The button will open a popup window where customers can leave their emails and names and send you an auto-filled request for the product. You will receive an automatic email with the request at the email you use for your store.
- If the quantity is – from this drop-down menu you must select the condition that this status will be accepted by the products. Choose the exact quantity, more or less than a specific quantity of products. All products with this quantity condition will accept the status you are creating.
Once you create product status, all products that qualify for quantity in this status will automatically accept the actions and status name. If your products require more than one status under the same availability condition, you can create the required statuses and set manually and specifically for each product what status to accept when it is in stock and what status to take when it is out of stock.
Manually assigning statuses
To set new or specific product statuses, first of all, turn on the ‘Track quantity’ option for each of your products (that you’d like to link with a product status) and set a specific quantity for each of them.
When you have checked quantity tracking, but you have not set a specific status in product details for availability or specific product status without availability, ->
then all products without specific statuses will accept the terms of the statuses available in the Product Status section.
Use the Product status in stock and Product status out of stock drop down menus to assign specific statuses for specific products and their quantity.