Adding a New Product
Products are the core of your store. To be able to make them available to your customers you first need to add them to your store by using our builder (store control panel).
1) Write the Title of your product in the input box on the left. Writing the product name will automatically fill the URL handle (the site address) on the right side of the screen.
2) Write a Description of your product so that your customers can have detailed text about it. The description text can be configured with styles, different fonts, different formats, etc.
3) Select a Category for your product from the list. A category will help your customers find what they are looking for faster.
4) Choose a Brands for your product from the list.
5) In Product Configuration, choose either Physical or Digital. Selecting Physical will allow you to have stock and inventory management and access additional shipping options.
6) The following options are available for your product:
- Require Shipping (available only if you select Physical)
Changing this toggle to yes means the product item needs to be sent via mail and as such you need to include the weight of the product.
- Track Inventory
Changing this toggle to yes means you need to include the total number of items available to sell. The system will track sales of this product and maintain a tracking total of items available.
- Continue Selling
If set to yes your product will continue to be available for ordering even if the inventory tracking shows the product is not in stock anymore.
- Low Count Threshold
Is set to yes, the system will notify you via email when this product quantity has dropped below the specified number on the input box.
7) Fill the product details:
Stock Keeping Unit – an Inventory Management tracking code for your specific product based on all attributes of the product (size, color, material, etc.)
A specific code for your product, normally set by the producer and included on the package.
The number of available items to sell. This will only be available and used if you select “Track Inventory” from the selections above.
The weight (in kilos or pounds) of each item, used to calculate shipping costs. This will only be available and used if you select “Require Shipping” from the selection above.
The price of each item of your product.
8) Fill in the Tags that will be associated with your product. Tags allow you to create free categories to your products, which facilitate display and search on your storefront.
9) Add any SEO tag for this specific product page. These are words, terms added for Search Engine Optimization for this specific product. The SEO page title also controls the title of the page that will show in the browser tab/window.
10) Upload Images of your product.
- a) Adding Images
You can add images by pressing the plus signal both on the top right corner or one of the available boxes,
- b) Editing Images
You can edit images (crop and rotate, change the title or make a particular image the primary image) by pressing the top right button on each image box.
- c) Managing Images
You can select each image by check-marking the image clicking the left lower corner of each image box. You can then delete or mark images as primary by using the Manage Images button.
11) You can mark your product as NEW or SALE by using each toggle. This will control the new and sale tag/graphic/popover that will be displayed for each specific product on your storefront.
This product was recently added to your store and as such your customers can search or view them as newcomers to the store.
You are now discounting this product and as such your customers can search or view them as on sale in the store.
12) Publish your product to your store
- Save as Draft
This will allow you to continue editing your product details at a later stage without publishing the current content on your store.
- Publish Online – Now
This will make your product available in your online store immediately.
- Publish Online – Specific Date
Once you select “Specific Date” you will choose from a calendar the date and time for when you wish to publish your product on the storefront. It will then be automatically published without your intervention.