General store components overview
Your storefront was initially created with a template and/or theme. Both the template and the theme control the way your store is shown and operates to your customers, both from a design and functionality perspective. Going further, CloudCart allows you not only to select from a subset of different themes but also deeply customize the theme you have selected. This is achieved by using all the options under Storefront >> Widgets, and chose which component to add, remove or configure from each of the main component categories.
Below you can see a few options and can operate with them in order to further customize your store, so it can work and look like your store!
A single blog may contain hundreds of articles. In order to provide the best customer experience, you can set the maximum number (up to 50) of articles per page. To do this:
1) Go to My store>> Widgets >> Blogs, article categories and comments and select Blog.
2) Under Articles per page, set the desired number of blog articles per page.
3) Click Save Widget.
Here, you can also activate and deactivate the whole Blog, by toggling the Blog button Active or Inactive, and then click Save Widget.
CloudCart gives you the option to show up to 10 titles of recent articles in a separate section in the Blog. This keeps your customers engaged and retains them in your store, which in turn increases the chances of making more orders.
1) Go to Storefront >> Settings >> Articles, article categories and comments and select Recent Articles.
2) To switch the recent articles section on or off, toggle the Recent Articles button Active or Inactive.
3) To specify the exact number of article titles that you want to see in the Blog, enter it under Recent articles count.
4) Click Save Widget.
Comments under blog posts are a great way of increasing the interaction between you and the customers and also help creating a strong, brand loyal community. You can have up to 10 recent comments in a separate section in the Blog.
1) Go to Storefront >> Widgets >> Blogs, article categories and comments and select Recent Comments.
2) To switch the recent comments section on or off, toggle the Recent comments button Active or Inactive.
3) To specify the exact number of recent comments that you want to see in the Blog, enter it under Recent comments count.
4) Click Save Widget.