CloudCart enables you to enforce your marketing strategy by creating different types of Discounts. You can quickly create Discount Promo Codes (Vouchers) for your customers so that they easily use them and enjoy even more shopping at your Store. You can choose if your discounts will be related to defined products, different product categories, certain order amounts or every order.
You can also add Global discounts which you can read about here.
Adding Discount Promo Code
This type of the Discount allows your customers to type the code set by you on their checkout and see the total amount of their order after applying it. To create this type of Discount, follow the steps:
1) Go to My Store >> Discounts >> Add a Discount
2) Choose Discount with promo code
3) Fill the Name of the Discount in the input box on the top left side of the page. (the Name is visible only for your account)
4) Click on the toggle to Activate the code and click Generate Code (the automatically generated code is the one you must provide your customers with)
5) On Discount Type choose:
This is an accurate amount which will be reduced from the Discount target you set. Write the exact value in the input box next to the currency of your Store.
This is an accurate percentage which will be reduced from the Discount target you set. Write the exact value in the input box next to the percentage.
This will set the shipping to free to the Discount target you set.
6) On Discount target choose:
- All orders
This option will specify that the Discount Promo Code will be successfully applied for each and every order from customers. (not depending on the products or the amount of the order)
- Orders over
This option will specify that the Discount Promo Code will be successfully applied only for orders with an amount over the minimum price you set in the input box.
This option will specify that the Discount Promo Code will be successfully applied only to the products you set in the input box by the drop-down menu.
- Product Category
This option will specify that the Discount Promo Code will be successfully applied only for the product categorie(s) you set by selecting them in the drop-down menu.
7) On Regions, you can specify the countries and the regions for which the Discount Promo Code will be active. You can select Global if you want the code to be active for all regions.
8) On Customer Groups you can specify if the Discount Promo Code will be active for all customers or specific customer(s)/customer group(s). To select specific Customer Group(s) click the checkbox next to the name of the Group(s). See Adding Customer Groups here.
9) On Date Range, you can specify the period of your Discount Promo Code validity. It is mandatory to set a starting date by choosing it from the calendar shown. You have the option to set a date of expiration or leave the default setting Never expires.
10) On Discount limits, you can specify the maximum number of times that the Discount Promo Code can be used by writing the number in the input box, or leave the default setting Unlimited.
11) Click Add a Discount to save your Discount Promo Code.